Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Screen Free Dream

A fantasy of taking flight, leaving virtual living entirely behind in favor of living in a physical realm filled with the realities of nature, people, smells, sounds and all that exists regardless of mainstream media - it beckons. Freedom calls.

2012 was a campaign year devoted to 7 days a week blogging about Encinitas and watching the horror that national politics has become.  At least the Encinitas council changes brought really deep satisfaction and fulfillment.

Habits that you want to break?  These are a pain in the ass. amirite? In fact that seems to be the key element to embrace, the pain.  No point in pretending that discomfort isn't part and parcel of the process.

The image here doesn't exactly capture it for me personally.  In fact the television left the house five years ago, but the internet opened a back door with online streaming and video clips.  A junkie can still get a fix even if it is controlled for advertising, asshats and punditry shouty and modulated lying 24/7.

The fact that so many people I know and love still have mainstream media central in lives makes me deeply sad.  But, I'm honestly more concerned with getting my own happy ass away from screens and out the door for real world engagement.

For me the decades long joy of reading several novels a week faded during a period a decade ago with unemployment and the nightmare that was the Bush administration.  Consider this a heads up that there may be periods of non-posting in 2013 as I work to rewire my brain.

That is all.