Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Small Spaces etc. - Economic Necessity

Not everyone who lives in a tiny home came by that lifestyle as first or best choice.  The Jordon family left a 2,500 sf home to life in a 320 sf shotgun tiny house because the man of the house lost his job. This couple and their teenage son live mortgage free next to their family business. In the following video we learn that the change in thinking (mental prep) took 5 years.

Unlike most of the previous examples, this family is very conventional in design choices. The furniture, possessions, equipment all seem to be minor variations from suburban sized norm.



Jordan says,
I don’t know if everybody could make this decision. I highly recommend it. I sleep every night really, really good. We never discuss money. It’s not a topic that comes up. Our life is much more peaceful now. I have learned to cultivate contentment. I’m not thinking about what I want to buy next or how I can increase my earnings. I’m content. I’m very happy and there’s a lot to be said for that.
Source: Grist